We are recruiting for an Occupational Health Advisor to work in the South West and Wales Region with some remote working. The role will consist of 60% case management and 40% immunisation clinics.
• Conduct case management referrals, provide vaccines, health surveillance and medicals.
• Write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical Reports Act and Data Protection Act, as well as writing comprehensive and evidence-based reports.
• Maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping, including providing expert advice and health surveillance in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH
• Maintain a flexible approach to the role according to professional and service needs.
• Working with a central admin team who will plan all work and liaise with the pathways on site to ensure programmes run smoothly and effectively.
• To provide vaccine and immunisation programmes all relevant staff in the hospitals
• Registered general nurse or qualification in adult nursing
• Experience working in a healthcare setting as well as case management
• Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health Degree/Diploma
• Driving license
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation
• Good PC/ IT skills including administrative skills
• Excellent clinical skills, including immunisation programmes
• Good verbal communication, meticulous written skills, and attention to detail
• Good judgement and decision-making skills
• Motivation and ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team
• Good time keeping skills
• Ability to organise work demands and priorities to achieve goals
• Hospital experience
• Experience of developing and implementing health care initiatives and conducting pre-placement assessments and reviews
• Msc qualification in OH related field
• Dual RN/RMN qualification
• Ability to present
• Teaching and training ability
• Advanced IT skills
• Knowledge of OH service delivery in a wide range of settings
• Practice Teaching/Mentoring of OH students
• Management of OH teams
• Advanced ergonomic advice
• Good clinical knowledge and expertise for interpretation of health screening / surveillance results